Mango Rice is a delicious basmati rice recipe with grated mango bits to add a tangy taste, and fulfill your urge of having raw mango in spring. The spices, nuts and herbs blends together to tantalize your taste buds and make your meal memorable.
1. Cooked VEER Regular Rice – 2 cup
2. Raw mango – 1 no.
3. Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
4. Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
5. Split black gram/urad dal – 1 tsp.
6. Bengal gram/channa dal – 1 tsp.
7. Red chillies – 3 to 4 nos.
8. Curry leaves – 6 to 7 leaves
9. Cashew nuts – 6 to 7 nos.
10. Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp.
11.Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
12 Asafoetida(Hing) – 1 pinch
13. Oil – 2 tbsp.
14. Salt to taste
1. Grate the mango finely. For textured and tanginess, do not peel the skin of the mango. (depends on your individual choice).
2. Add salt and chilly powder to this grated mango, and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in the pan and add mustard seeds. Once this splutters, add cumin seeds, asafetida (hing), split black gram, bengal gram, curry leaves, red chillies one by one giving half a minute time for each ingredient. Let the flame be low to medium. Make sure, the lentils are not burnt.
4. Then add cashew nuts and turmeric powder and give it a though stir.
5. Finally add the raw mango mixture to this and cook for 4 to 5 minutes so that it blends with the tempering. Switch off the flame and allow to cool.
6. Take rice in a seperate large bowl and mix this raw mango fry, add little at a time. Adjust the taste and add the mixture. If in any case the mixture is more, this can be refrigerated and can be used in a week’s time.